A reliable and safe online banking experience is essential for our membership. In order to provide members with a more secure connection to NetBranch, access has been disabled from internet browsers that do not support the latest SSL versions TLS 1.1 & TLS 1.2.
The latest TLS 1.1 and 1.2 versions provide the most secure connection between internet browsers and websites, allowing transmission of private data online. An internet browser using the 15-year old SSL 3.0 instead of the newer TLS protocols is vulnerable enough to let hackers collect the data (emails, banking information, passwords, etc.) traveling to and from your computer. These risks have been addressed with SSL versions TLS 1.1 & TLS 1.2.
The list below shows what Operating Systems and Browsers support TLS 1.1 & TLS 1.2. Windows Vista and XP system users that use Internet Explorer as their browser will not have the ability to support TLS 1.1 & 1.2. In order to access NetBranch, Windows Vista and XP users will need to install another browser such as Chrome or FireFox. Safari users that do not have the latest version of Safari will need to upgrade their browsers.
List of Browsers that support TLS 1.1 and 1.2
All Windows O/S using last 10 versions of Chrome
All Windows O/S using the last 9 versions of FireFox
All Windows O/S using the last 9 versions of Opera
All Windows 7 & 8 using the last 4 versions of Internet Explorer
Mac O/S using the last 2 versions of Safari
Additionally, it is important to make sure TLS 1.1 or 1.2 is enabled within your updated browser. Follow these instructions to enable your browser.
Enabling SSL Versions TLS 1.1 & TLS 1.2 on Supported Browsers
1. Open Internet Explorer
2. Click Alt T and select “Internet Options”.
3. Select the "Advanced" tab.
4. Scroll down to the "Security" section.
5. Locate and check "Use TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2".
6. Then, press the "OK" button.
1. Open Google Chrome
2. Click Alt F and select “Settings”.
3. Scroll down and select “Show advanced settings…”
4. Scroll down to the Network section and click on “Change proxy settings…”
5. Select the "Advanced" tab.
6. Scroll down to the "Security" section.
7. Locate and check "Use TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2".
8. Then, press the "OK" button.
1. Open FireFox
2. Type in “about:config” in the URL bar and press Enter
3. Scroll down to “security.tls.version.max” and press enter
4. Set the value to 3
5. Then, press the "OK" button.
1. Open Opera
2. Click Ctrl+F12
3. Click on “Security”
4. Click on “Security Protocols…”
5. Check on “Enable TLS 1.1 & TLS 1.2”
6. Press the "OK" button.
7. Then, press the "OK" button.
1. There are no options for enabling SSL protocols. If you are using Safari version 7 or greater, TLS 1.1 & 1.2 are automatically enabled.
If you have followed these instructions and are still unable to access NetBranch, or if you have any additional questions, please contact us. We apologize for any inconvenience you may be having. Our priority is to protect your private information while giving you the best and safest access to your accounts online.
Posted on Fri, May 22, 2015
by IT Team filed under